Saturday, July 2, 2011

ALL THINGS

"I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." 1 Cor 9:23

This summer, I have become the intellectual, the athlete, the redneck (haha well at least i tried!) and the crazy middle schooler! I've played hard, laughed loud, and loved the unlovable for the sake of Christ. It has been one of the best experiences of my life!

This week, I duckied (guided single rafts) with a pile of crazy high school girls - who named me "mama duck" at the beginning of the trip haha. Down the river, they managed to get stuck on quite a few rocks.. which meant i heard "mama duck, come save me!" more than enough times! We laughed all the way down, all the while they were stealing my heart. By the end of the week, random boys were calling me that and wishing I was their guide!

The week has taught me that serving Christ in the little things is just as important as in the "big" things. Acting like a crazy girl, screaming and jumping into freezing water doing the "dying chicken" train at the beginning of the week set up the best relationship with a girl I've had at camp. She stayed up and talked to me till 4 in the morning on friday, sharing what Christ was doing in her life!

The exhaustion, the moments of wondering if I'm crazy, all those were worth it for the sake of Christ. He is worth our every moment! All of life should be this way. Every moment lived because the gospel has changed our lives, which makes us want to change others. That girl taught me so much as well "questioning the faithfulness of God is just dumb, He has shown us through the Scripture that He has always been!"

From the mouth of babes eh? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment