Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boker Tov!

Good morning from Israel! As I sit here drinking my tea, I can't help but think what a beautiful morning God has given us. The past two days have been an absolute whirlwind. From the moment we stepped off the plane, we haven't stopped going yet! But God has been so good. Our group is simply wonderful and we have enjoyed getting to know one another and hanging out. Everyone is very friendly and anxious to have the best semester of our lives!
My roommates are sweet, sophmore texas girls (Natalie and Sami Jo) and I love them already. The first night we arrived, jet lag was rough. I woke up and lay there for an hour, it was 3:00 in the morning and I couldn't sleep a wink! I saw Natalie's phone light on so i whispered "Hey Nat, want to go walk around the moshav?" She laughed and agreed. Sami Jo bolted up from her bed and said "I want to go too!" We ended up walking around for like an hour, laughing extremely loud and having the time of our lives. We ended the night on the floor of our room, eating chocolate almonds and giggling like middle schoolers at camp!
The moshav is a beautiful place for christians to live communally and there are around 90 families that live here. IBEX merely rents space so we are visitors too! The restaurant is fabulous and the food has been so good! Eggs, granola, coffee cakes, and about 7 different kinds of cheese for breakfast (also cottage cheese and yogurt), an assortment of salads, meat, rice or potatoes for lunch and dinner. Oh, and you can eat cucumbers, tomatoes, and bread any meal you want! Not to mention the fabulous deserts Sarah and I frequent ever dinner... =)
It looks like it will be a semester to remember... so I'm glad you are joining me in the fun!
Please comment away if you'd like! I would love to hear from all of you =)

Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Israel sounds incredible!
    I know you'll have best time ever.
    Put up some pics soon.

    ReplyDelete