Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's the little things...

Life, for me, is all about the little things. Sipping coffee on a cold mountain in the morning, or smiling because your roommate covers up your cold toes during a movie. I love the things that make you stop and smile, the moments where you are completely satisfied and all you can do is sigh with contentment. So this is for the little things, the moments that are never grand enough to take up an entire but are so beautiful they make you smile!

1. I love waking up every morning and watching my beautiful, red-headed Texan roommate roll out of bed and greet me with a sleepy smile and a "good morning darlin', how did you sleep?"
2. I love playing guitar in worship band and smiling at Sarah when we find that perfect strum pattern, the one that makes you close your eyes and sing with your soul.
3. Walking up to breakfast and being greeted every morning by Sube, our restaurant manager, with a chipper "Boker Tov!" (Good morning!)
4. Sitting in the Old City of Jerusalem, sipping a cappuccino and listening to the church bells ring.
5. Laughing at Al when he smiles at me and says "What up cuz? Look at you swagging today girl! Get it!"  
6. Talking for hours and praying with Sami Jo and Natalie, smiling at how close we've gotten even though its only been 3 weeks!
7. Pita and hummus at lunch, its delicious!
8. Craving steak at the most random times of the day and night =)
9.  I love to see the appreciation, sometimes coupled with drool, when Becky our librarian pulls out peanut butter and nutella for our bagged lunches! Who knew you could miss food so much? haha
10. Learning about all the Biblical stories and have Benj finish it with.. "It happened right over that hill.. " or "right in that valley below you". Its crazy to think it all happened here!
11. I seriously drink probably 4 cups of tea a day. its utterly ridiculous.
12. Nothing quite compares to watching the sun sink below the Judean hills..
13. Laughing at Edward as he impersonated the black lady from church when she gets her spirit moves on in his church at home! oh gosh, i think we almost died from the tears!
14. More than anything though, i love having conversations about Jesus with the people here. Listening to testimonies and how the Lord has changed their lives has been such a blessing from heaven above!
15. And yes, i even love the random moments that make me think about my wonderful friends and family back home.. and miss them so much. What a blessing to love and be loved!

I'm sure there are many more i could put up.. but its time for dessert and girls time with my prayer group! i'll have to save them for my next random post =)
Shalom! 




1 comment: