Monday, May 2, 2011

Shalom to Israel

Yesterday was my last day in Israel. What a blessing it has been! A time to remember that God is faithful, and to see His hand in the land and in the lives of the students with me. I shall love them forever =)

What a week it has been! Lots of goodbyes, tears, and "last times". Rachel and I hopped on a bus and went shopping in Jerusalem! Our prayer group had a sharing/tell Ellen goodbye time at the Schlegels - fudge, homemade ice cream and brownies - a woman's dream. We shared our hearts and the things He has taught us. Movie night, sleepovers, and a final goodbye breakfast will remain in my heart forever.

Main lesson from all of us? God is faithful.. so REMEMBER. Israelis have learned not to forget. Even today, sitting in the airport, the siren for the Holocaust Remembrance Day sounded. We all stood to remember, as tears coursed down many cheeks. Their history must not be forgotten.

In the same way, should not we remember the things the Lord has done in our lives? He has been so faithful and true, and brought us each to a place so we will know and glorify Him better. Israel was my time to remember, to be in a land that screamed of His work. Every place we visited cried for us to remember that God is involved in the dealings of men.

So I challenge you to do the same. As I sat overlooking the Judean hills for the last time, i was struck by the land and the people once again. "Never forget" it seemed to say, "What God has done in your life this semester!"

He has opened my eyes to see anew the beauty of the Scriptures! And He gave me a family to grow with while I was there.. to see His goodness in my life and theirs.

Do i have an idea what the future holds? Not a clue. But I do know that my God is faithful to keep me so in this I rejoice! Oh friends! "Taste and see that the Lord is good! There is no want to those who fear Him. Therefore, I will bless the Lord AT ALL TIMES, His praise will continuously be on my lips" Ps. 34.

Shalom Israel.. Toda Abba, Hodu la Adonai Ki Tov! (Peace Israel.. Thank you Father... Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment