Friday, July 13, 2012

God gives the increase..

Another ministry. Another adventure. Sitting outside on the porch at Hollymont wondering, "God, what now?"

"Open your heart again, let my love pour from your soul." Deep breath. I can do this. Wait, no. He can do this.

"Who is Paul, and who is Apollos but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one" (1 Cor 3). Who am I?

Paul planted. Apollos watered. But GOD gave the increase. (vs 7) Faith and trust come from God, not men. So often I think that response happens because of what I say, because of what I do. How foolish and vain I can so easily become!

"So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters".. why? Because all glory is to God "who gives the increase"!

So we plant with joy, and water in faith. He calls us to serve, to work mightily in order that we may "present every man perfect in Christ Jesus" (Col 1).

We are fellow laborers in Christ, sought by grace, bought with blood. We give because we cannot hold back; we tell because we cannot be silent.  

Each to his post, there is much to be done. How shall I measure up to the soldiers by my side? Then I remember... we are all just clay pots. "We have this treasure in eathern vessels, so that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us" (2 Cor 4:7).  There is no competition.

"Now he who plants and he who waters are one.." One purpose. One goal. The supremacy of Christ in all things, so that all majesty will be ascribed to the One who is worthy of all.

Back to my post, there is much to be done.




No comments:

Post a Comment