Thursday, March 24, 2011

God's faithfulness throughout the generations..

15 years ago, a man of God left this earth to be forever with his Savior. His impact still continues to this day, through the lives of his sons and the fruit of grace in his wife's life. The man was my uncle, Jay Grauman.

He was full of joy in life and I can only imagine the crazy schemes he is hatching up in heaven! Though in life, he was used for the Savior's glory, I think that God has used his death to magnify his name far more than while he was on this earth.

I know his death has influenced my life. I'll never forget the grief and anger felt by all members of our family the day he passed away. But nor will I ever forget the way it has changed our lives. God turned a tragedy into eternal glory. My cousins are testimonies to me of the faithfulness of God. Despite the hardships of life, they have stood their ground, denying the cries of this world to turn away in anger, so that they may be a faithful witness of the mercies of God. I am proud to see them proclaiming His faithfulness to a desperate and dying world!

These 15 years, I have watched the Lord shape and mold my aunt into a beautiful vessel. Her testimony shines forth like the morning sun, displaying the comfort of Christ to a world mired in self-depression. I have seen her hurt, and through it I have seen her faith. In the midst of lonliness, Christ has been her King. Her prayers on my behalf coupled with a life dependent on Him has pointed me to the joys of our Savior. I am blessed to be apart of her family. Christ has given us each other, when no one else could understand.I thank my Lord for using her in my life!

If Israel has taught me anything, it is this: The body of Christ is so much more beautiful than we can even imagine. When it functions as it is supposed to, it stands as a poignant witness to the world of true faith. God has used the body of Christ to minister and take care of me, and that pattern has continued in Israel. I am so blessed to have members of my family all over the world!

It is my prayer that you would all stop to appreciate the family of God. To see His faithfulness throughout your life and how He has taken care of you through the vehicle that is the church (the universal church that is!). God is faithful, is He not? Overwhelmingly yes! His mercies are new every morning.. great is is faithfulness.

I thank my God for my Uncle Jay, and affirm with all my heart... as my cousin would say "When we get to heaven, we will look at the situation and say 'we would have done it the exact, same way'". Why? Because then we will finally know the extent of the goodness and perfect wisdom of our Savior - so even today we can say with confidence, that our God is good and we can trust Him to always do what is absolutely best!

May you see Him in every aspect of life!

3 comments: