Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hello Adulthood

Well hello adulthood. I must admit; you were not what I expected. The little girl that dreamed about what it would be like to 'grow up' has had quite the surprise. Oh I saw the responsibility, the independence, the 'living life on your own'.

But I failed to foresee my knees on the floor, my face bowed low. My King had an entirely different plan. He shattered all my expectations, my desires, my plans. In a still small voice, He continually whispers, "Lift up your head, my dear, and look over here."

"Where? Lord I cannot see!" my soul cries in despair.

I imagine His smile as He replies, "Your eyes on the temporal, your faith in this world, will never see all that I AM."

Life through the eyes of faith is the only way to see the eternal.

My eyes dart around, I take my gaze off of Him. The world spins. I find myself falling, faster and faster, and I cannot find my way.

Of course! I laugh when I finally remember; this life is not for me.

Hosea listens, the Lord speaks, "marry a prostitute and love her". Did he weep? The Bible does not say... "So I obeyed" (Hosea 1).

Hosea understood - this life is not about me. My fulfillment is not in accomplishments, my purpose is not in happiness. No, only a vessel, to be used by Him. It's all about the glory.

Jesus understood. "I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.." (John 17).

Will I understand?

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace"

I life my eyes unto the mountains, for my help comes from the Lord.

Hello adulthood. Have you met my GOD?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment